The Control Freak is one lens in Lensbabys Creative Effects SLR lens system. This model is optimized for table-top and macro photography due to the fine degree of control if offers. The Control Freak ships with the Double Glass Optic installed and is compatible with all other optics in the Lensbaby Optic Swap System" though it has limited functionality (is best suited to macro work) with the Fisheye Optic.
With the Control Freak" photographers compress and bend the lens to find the desired focus" and then lock it in place with the push of a button. Once locked" the barrel focusing ring can be rotated to fine tune focus" and tilt (placement of the Sweet Spot of focus) can be altered by rotating the knobs on the end of the Control Freak's three metal posts. This gives photographers an exceptional degree of focus control" which is very useful for macro photography.
The Control Freak focuses from 18 inches at rest to infinity when compressed. Pushing out on the focusing collar allows the user to focus as close as 9 inches away from their subject matter. Another unique feature of the Control Freak is the option to shoot in either free form or locked mode. Photographers can easily switch from shooting in locked mode with fine focus and tilt control for a table-top shoot" to shooting street photography quickly and seamlessly by choosing not to lock the Control Freak in place. The ability to choose modes can also be particularly helpful when shooting video due to the very dreamy and surreal look the Control Freak produces when shooting in free form mode" as compared to the more controlled blur when shooting with the Control Freak locked down.
- Provides film makers with the unique ability to shoot both free-hand and locked down
- Allows for extremely close focus (zero inches in front of the lens) when used with the Fisheye Optic (a special adapter is required to use the Fisheye Optic with the Control Freak)
- The Fisheye Optic when used with the Control Freak has limited functionality (when focusing from about 3 inches to infinity" the metal rod knobs will often be visible due to the Fisheye Optics 160 degree angle of view) and is therefore best suited for macro work
- Features the Lensbaby Optic Swap System
- Focus Type: Manual
- Aperture: f/2, f/2.8, f/4, f/5.6, f/8, f/11, f/16, f/22
- Aperture Type: Interchangeable levitating aperture disks
- Minimum Focus: approximately 9 (23 cm) / Maximum Focus: Infinity
- Size/Weight: 3.41" (8.66cm) high x 3.49" (8.86) wide / 6.9 oz. (195.6 grams)
- Control Freak lens with Double Glass Optic installed
- f/4 aperture disk installed in optic
- Aperture case containing f/2.8 through f/22 apertures
- Microfiber bag
- User guide