- 10.0 Megapixel sensor combined with the DIGIC 4 Image Processor create Canon's HS SYSTEM for improved low light performance and better image quality.
- Shoot beautiful 720p HD video in stereo sound and play back on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- A bright f/2.0 lens, great for shooting portrait photography in low light conditions or using a shallow depth-of-field for great images with beautiful soft backgrounds.
- A control ring for intuitive manual control, built for the way the serious photographer has always accessed exposure control.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including RAW + JPEG for the ultimate creative control.
- A 3.8x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens gets you close to your subjects as well as capture more in your frame.
- Utilizes Canon's Hybrid IS to compensate for angular and shift camera shake during close-up shooting.
The PowerShot S95 employs the Canon HS SYSTEM by combining a powerful 10.0 Megapixel CCD sensor and Canon's DIGIC 4 Image Processor. Thanks to this technological advancement, the S95 is dramatically more sensitive than cameras with identical megapixel counts, and delivers spectacular images with minimal noise. Increased sensitivity demands a higher ISO speed, and the PowerShot S95 delivers with a new maximum setting of ISO 12,800. Blur and camera shake are notably reduced for the ultimate in sharpness and clarity.
Easy HD Shooting and HD Playback.
The PowerShot S95 lets you record video in beautiful high definition (1280 x 720 pixels). The camera also makes it easy to enjoy HD videos (and still photos) on your HDTV with a mini-HDMI connector for direct connection to a high-definition TV monitor. You'll enjoy the HD experience with no degradation of image or audio in the signal, plus the ability to display up to 130 still images at once.
A Big Lens for Big Ambitions.
The S95 sports an f/2.0 aperture, perfect for creating enticing portraits, by drawing attention to the face and blurring the background with its impressively shallow depth-of-field. The Macro setting lets you get even closer. The large aperture also does more. It lets you capture more nuances in low light shooting by using more of the available light. You'll be ready for anything with a lens aperture larger than even many professional sizes.
Focus, Exposure, ISO, Step Zoom, or White Balance can now be adjusted more precisely than ever with the S95's control ring. It's even more intuitive and quicker than the usual 2-button control and the S95 lets you decide which function the ring will adjust.
More Modes for the Advanced Amateur.
The PowerShot S95's RAW mode lets you shoot images without JPEG compression. It gives you clearer images and complete creative control in editing. RAW images are transferred directly to the computer where they can then be edited using image adjustment software or a processing application to adjust your images as you please. The camera can also be set to allow the simultaneous recording of both RAW and JPEG images while shooting.
Also, with 26 Shooting Modes including 18 Special Scene Modes, you're ready for whatever shot comes your way.
Advanced presets for the best possible photos under certain conditions.
The camera automatically selects the best shooting settings for optimal quality based on subjects and environmental factors to provide point-and-shoot simplicity.
Access advanced exposure compensation features while shooting mostly automatically.
You select the shutter speed to stop or blur action, and the camera finds the appropriate aperture. With slow exposure times, Canon's noise reduction system activates to ensure low image noise.
You define the aperture to either isolate your subject or have clarity throughout the entire picture, and the camera will choose the corresponding shutter speed.
The ultimate in creative control, you set both aperture and shutter speed manually.
Define and store your own settings to achieve the effects you prefer.
For high quality image capture in an amazing range of dimly-lit situations.
The camera sets a large aperture, focusing the subject and artistically blurring the background to make your subject "pop."
For front to back sharpness, the camera sets a small aperture.
Kids & Pets
Reduced focusing time freezes fast-moving subjects, so you won't miss those special shots.
The camera automatically takes the photo when people smile, wink, or get into frame.
Super Vivid intensifies existing hues, saturating the scene with bright colors.
Poster Effect combines several similar shades into one color, turning subtle gradations into eye-catching, scene-popping contrasts.
Choose to retain a single color in your image while other colors turn monochrome.
Select a color and replace it with a color you specify for special effects.
High Dynamic Range*
Takes three shots, of the same scene, in different exposures in succession and combines all three images together to capture an image with flattering shadows and highlights. *Tripod is required.
Creates the look and feel of old photographs using sepia tones and saturation.
Add a classic photo distortion without a fisheye lens.
Give images a miniature look with an effect that emphasizes perspective by blurring the top and bottom of the image.
Get clear shots of people at a sunny beach without darkened faces.
Capture underwater images with reduced backscatter effect. (Note: Optional Waterproof Case WP-DC38 required for shooting any underwater images)
Capture brilliant shots of autumn foliage, greenery and blossoms.
Shoot clear snow scenes without darkened subjects or an unnatural bluish tint.
Grab brilliant images of skyrocketing fireworks.
Build awe-inspiring panoramas by neatly aligning sequential images.
Shoot in HD (1280 x 720 at 24 fps) for up to 25 min. and 8 sec. or 4GB per clip. Shoot in VGA (640 x 480 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hr. 58 min. 19 sec. or 4GB per clip, or QVGA (320 x 240 at 30 fps) for up to 1 hour, 58 min. and 19 sec. or 4GB per clip.
Miniature Effect for Movies
Emphasizes perspective for a miniature effect by blurring upper and bottom portions of a video.
It's Easy to Get Great and Steady Shots with Canon.
The PowerShot S95 features Canon's precision 28mm Wide-Angle 3.8x Optical Zoom Lens that allows you to shoot most scenes from wide-angle to telephoto. It lets you capture more in every frame, so everyone fits in a family gathering shot. When it's time to take a closer look, the Canon Optical Image Stabilizer helps minimize camera shake and reveal almost every detail.
Zoom at Will - You're in the Clear.
The PowerShot S95 is one of the first compact cameras to be equipped with Canon's highly advanced Hybrid IS function, which corrects camera shake from two sources to deliver sharp, blur-free images even when you zoom in close to your subject.
Hybrid IS employs both an angular sensor and an accelerometer, enabling it to suppress both the blur caused by the angle of the camera and the "shift blur" that happens when your subject moves parallel to the camera, a problem that is especially noticeable at large zoom factors.
With the ability to produce clear, steady images in most situations and at any zoom length, the PowerShot S95 is the camera you'll want to take everywhere.
- 10.0 Megapixel, 1/1.7-inch type Charge Coupled Device (CCD)
- Approx. 10.4 Megapixels
- Approx. 10.0 Megapixels
- 6.0 (W)-22.5mm (T) f/2.0-4.9 (35mm equivalent: 28-105mm)
- Auto: 2.0 in./5cm - infinity (W), 12 in./30cm-infinity (T);
- Normal: 2.0 in./5cm - infinity, 12 in /30cm. - infinity (T);
- Macro: 2.0 in. - 1.6 ft./5 - 50cm (W) 12 in. - 1.6 ft./ 30 - 50cm (T) ;
- Manual Focus: 2.0 in. - infinity/5cm - infinity (W), 1.6 ft. - infinity/50cm - infinity (T)
- TTL Autofocus
- 3.0-inch TFT color with wide viewing angle
- Approx. 461,000 pixels
- f/2.0 (W) - f/4.9 (T)
- 1 - 1/1600 sec.
- 15-1/1600 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Shutter speeds available in Tv and M:
- 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, 1/13, 1/15, 1/20, 1/25, 1/30, 1/40, 1/50, 1/60, 1/80, 1/100, 1/125, 1/160, 1/200, 1/250, 1/320, 1/400, 1/500, 1/640, 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1250, 1/1600 (Units: sec.)
- Auto, ISO 80/100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200 equivalent in P Mode
- Evaluative*, Center-weighted average, Spot**
- * Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect AiAF
- ** Metering frame is fixed to the center/linked to AF frame
- Program AE, i-Contrast, Manual; AE Lock, Program Shift, Safety Shift, Auto ISO Shift
- 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Auto*, Preset (Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater), Custom
- * Facial color is evaluated in Face AiAF (Face Detect WB)
- Auto, Auto w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash On, Flash On w/ Red-eye Reduction, Flash Off; FE lock, Safety FE, Slow Synchro
- 1.6-21 ft./50cm-6.5m (W), 3.0 - 9.8 ft./90cm - 3.0cm (T) (when sensitivity is set to ISO Auto)
- 10 sec. or less (battery voltage=3.7V)
- 2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Auto, P, Av, Tv, M, C, Low Light, Special Scene (Portrait, Landscape, Kids&Pets, Smart Shutter*, Super Vivid, Poster Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap, High Dynamic Range, Nostalgic, Fish-eye Effect, Miniature Effect, Beach, Underwater, Foliage, Snow, Fireworks, Stitch Assist), Movie (Standard, Miniature Effect, Color Accent, Color Swap).
- My Colors
- My Colors Off, Vivid, Vivid Blue, Vivid Green, Vivid Red, Neutral, Sepia, Black & White, Positive Film, Lighter Skin Tone, Darker Skin Tone, Custom
- * Delay time (0 - 15 sec. (in one-second increments), 20/25/30 sec.) and number of shots
- (1 - 10 shots (in one-shot increments)) can be specified.
- Not available
- Normal: Approx. 1.9 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 3.9 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode);
- AF: Approx. 0.7 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 1.0 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode);
- LV: Approx. 0.8 shots/sec. (when shooting in P mode), Approx. 1.1 shots/sec. (when shooting in Low Light mode)
- SD/SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMCplus Card, HC MMCplus Card
- Design rule for camera file system, DPOF Version 1.1
- Normal, Fine
- Still Image: Exif 2.3 (JPEG)
- RAW (CR2 (Canon Original));
- Video: MOV (Image: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Still Image:
- 16:9: Large: 3648 x 2048, Medium 1: 2816 x 1584, Medium 2: 1920 x 1080, Small: 640 x 360
- 3:2: Large: 3648 x 2432, Medium 1: 2816 x 1880, Medium 2: 1600 x 1064, Small: 640 x 424;
- 4:3: Large: 3648 x 2736, Medium 1: 2816 x 2112, Medium 2: 1600 x 1200, Small: 640 x 480, RAW: 3648 x 2736 (Fixed to 1824 x 1368 when in Low Light)
- 1:1: Large: 2736 x 2736, Medium 1: 2112 x 2112, Medium 2: 1200 x 1200, Small: 480 x 480
- 4:5: Large: 2192 x 2736, Medium 1: 1696 x 2112, Medium 2: 960 x 1200, Small: 384 x 480
- Video: Standard, Color Accent, Color Swap: 1280 x 720 (24 fps*1), 640 x 480 (30 fps*2), 320 x 240 (30 fps*2);
- Miniature Effect: 1280 x 720 (Shooting: 6 fps/3 fps/1.5 fps; Playback: 30 fps*2), 640 x 480 (Shooting: 6 fps/3 fps/1.5 fps, Playback: 30 fps*2)
- *1 Actual frame rate is 23.976 fps.
- *2 Actual frame rate is 29.97 fps.
- Still Image: Single, Magnification (approx. 2x-10x), Jump, Auto Rotate, Rotate, Resume, My Category, Transition Effects, Histogram, Index (4-130 thumbnails), Over Exposure Warning, Slide Show, Red-eye Correction, Trimming, Resize, Image Inspection Tool, i-Contrast;
- Video: Normal Playback, Special Playback, Editing, Auto Rotate, Resume
- Still Image: single image, all images
- Movie: part of movie, all of movie
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (mini-B jack)
- Memory card slot; direct connection to Canon and SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed cable
- 1. Rechargeable Battery Pack NB-6L
- 2. Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (optional)
- 1. Rechargeable Battery Pack NB-6L
- 2. Compact Power Adapter CA-DC10 (optional)
- Still Image: approx. 200 shots*
- Approx. 5 hours
- 3.93 x 2.30 x 1.16 in. (99.8 x 58.4 x 29.5mm)
- CIPA compliant
- Approx. 6.00 oz. / 170g (camera body only)
Canon, DIGIC, ELPH, PIXMA, and PowerShot and SELPHY are registered trademarks of Canon Inc. in the United States and may also be registered trademarks or trademarks in other countries. Microsoft, Windows and Windows Vista are trademarks or registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. All other products and brand names are registered trademarks, trademarks or service marks of their respective owners in the United States and/or other countries.