Marc Newson Design
Gorgeous contemporary styling by world renowned designer Marc Newson features bold lines and colors, rounded corners, and soft, rubberized accents for a timeless, trusty, and touchable appeal.
PENTAX mirrorless body design is compatible with 25+ million PENTAX K-mount lenses spanning decades, for unmatched flexibility and optical selection.
16 Megapixel CMOS
Large 16 megapixel APS-C sized CMOS image sensor delivers outstanding high resolution image quality, color accuracy, and low noise in multiple aspect ratios.
Shake Reduction System
Sensor-shift PENTAX Shake and Dust Reduction system is compatible with every mounted PENTAX lens for beautifully sharp still images and stabilized videography.
Durable machined aluminum frame under a stylish black, white, or yellow exterior.
1080p Video Capture
Full HD 1080p video capture at 30 FPS with h.264 compression (60 FPS at 720p) features shutter speed and aperture exposure control, video autofocus control, and a built-in mono or external stereo microphone.
1/4000 Shutter Speeds
Shutter speed range from 1/4000 to 30 seconds and bulb with a silent shutter action are perfect for inconspicuous street photography.
Multiple Shooting Modes
Traditional shooting modes include P, Av, Tv, and M for outstanding artistic expression, while powerful automatic modes such as Auto Picture, scene modes, and creative filters take the guesswork out of great photography.
In-camera HDR mode combines bracketed user-specified exposures into a single, perfectly blended still image with outstanding detail in shadow and highlight areas.
JPG & DNG RAW Captures
Captures JPG still images, but also open standard DNG RAW which is compatible with a wide range of Adobe-supported RAW processing software programs.
3 Inch LCD
Bright, high resolution 3 inch LCD with 920,000 dots produces a bright image for accurate framing and playback of images and video.
Fast 6 FPS burst mode is ideal for fast-action photography insuring the perfectly-timed shot at just the right moment.
100-25600 ISO Range
Flexible ISO range of 100-25600 ensures gorgeous noise-free imaging as well as fast, noise and blur-controlled low light photography.
Focus Peaking Mode
Focus peaking mode provides fast and accurate manual focusing for critical focus applications.
Built-in Flash and External Hotshoe
Built-in popup flash and external hotshoe compatible with modern PENTAX digital flash units provide flexible lighting options in dimly lit environments
- Model: K-01
- Type: Digital Hybrid ILC
- Type: CMOS w primary color filter and integrated Shake/Dust Reduction sensor-shift system
- Size: APS-C (23.7 x 15.7mm)
- Color depth: 8 bits/channel JPG, 12 bits/channel RAW
- Effective pixels: 16.28
- Total pixels: 16.49
- Still 3:2: 16M (4928x3264), 12M (4224x2816), 8M (3456x2304), 5M (2688x1792)
- Still 4:3: 14M (4352x3264), 11M (3840x2880), 7M (3072x2304), 4M (2304x1728)
- Still 16:9: 13M (4928x2776), 10M (4224x2376), 6M (3456x1944), 4M (2688x1512)
- Still 1:1: 10M (3264x3264), 8M (2880x2880), 5M (2304x2304), 3M (1728x1728)
- Movie (resolution/FPS): 1920x1080p30/25/24, 1280x720p60/50/30/25/24, 640x480p30/25/24
- Quality levels: *** Best, ** Better, * Good
- Dust Removal: SP coating w ultrasonic vibration to low pass filter
- Type/construction: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet stainless steel mount
- Usable lenses: PENTAX KAF3, KAF2, KAF, and KA (K-mount, 35mm screwmount, 645/67 med format lenses useable w adapter and/or restrictions)
- SDM function: Yes
- Power zoom function: n/a
- Type: TTL Contrast Detection AF
- Sensitivity range: EV 1-18 (ISO 100)
- Focus modes: AF Single (w focus lock, focus/release priority selectable), Face Detection AF, Tracking AF, Manual
- Focus point adjustment: Auto 81 Point, User-Selectable, Center
- AF assist: LED dedicated AF assist lamp, AF Autozoom (2X, 4X, 6X), Focus Peaking
- Type: 3.0-in. TFT color LCD w brightness/color adjustment
- Resolution: 921,000 dots
- Wide angle viewable: Yes (approx 170° horizontal/vertical)
- Type: TTL by CMOS image sensor
- Field Of View: 100%
- Display Modes: Grid (4x4, Golden Ratio, Scale), Bright/Dark Indication, Histogram
- Type: Retractable P-TTL auto popup flash
- Guide number: 12m (ISO 100)
- Coverage: 28mm equivalent
- Flash modes: Auto, Auto + Redeye, On, On + Redeye, Slow Sync, Slow Sync + Redeye, Trailing Curtain Sync, Off
- Flash exposure compensation: -2 to 1 EV
- Type: Hotshoe P-TTL, high speed sync w PENTAX dedicated flash
- Synchronization speed: 1/180 sec
- Internal memory: n/a
- Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC (UHS Speed Class 1 supported)
- Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, HDMI out (Type C, Mini), 3.5mm stereo mic in
- Video out: HD (via HDMI) NTSC, PAL
- Printer interfaces: n/a
- Power source: Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery D-LI90
- Recordable images: Approx 540 (approx 500 w 50% flash, CIPA)
- Playback time: Approx 320 min
- Movie recording time: 25 min (max record time for a single file)
- AC adapter available: Yes (optional)
- Body dimensions (W x H x D): 4.8 x 3.1 x 2.3-in.
- Without battery or removable memory: 16.9 oz
- Loaded and ready: 19.8 oz
- Construction material(s): Machined aluminum frame with rubber accents
- Weather resistant: n/a
- Operating temperature: 32-104°F
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Traditional/Simplified Chinese, Japanese
- Type: Sensor-shift Shake Reduction (4 stops max)
- Type: TTL image sensor metering
- Sensitivity range: EV -1 to 21 (ISO 100, 50mm F1.4)
- Multi-segment: Yes (1024 segments)
- Center weighted: Yes
- Spot: Yes
- Exposure compensation: ± 3 EV (1/3 and 1/2 steps)
- Exposure lock: Yes (via AF/AE-L button)
- Exposure bracketing: Yes (3 frames, up to ± 3 EV in 1/2 steps)
- Auto: ISO 100-12800 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), expandable to ISO 100-25600, auto ISO range selectable
- Manual: ISO 100-12800 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), expandable to ISO 100-25600
- Auto preset modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Fluorescent (D, N, W, L), Tungsten, Flash, CTE
- Manual mode(s): Yes
- WB fine adjustment available in all modes
- Type: Electronically controlled focal plane shutter
- Shutter speed: 1/4000 to 30 sec (1/3 or 1/2 steps), Bulb
- Mode selection: Auto Picture, Scene (SCN), HDR (JPG only), Flash Off, Bulb (B), Metered Manual (M), Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter Priority (TV), Program (P), Movie
- Auto Picture modes: Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Night Scene, Blue Sky, Forest
- Scene modes: Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Moving Object, Night Scene Portrait, Sunset, Blue Sky, Forest, Night Scene, Night Scene HDR (JPG only), Night Snap, Food, Pet, Kids, Surf & Snow, Backlight Silhouette, Candlelight, Stage Lighting, Museum
- Custom Image modes (including fine adjustment): Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Radiant, Muted, Bleach Bypass, Reversal Film, Monochrome (including film filters, infrared, sepia toning), Cross Processing (creative random effect generation)
- Green simplified mode available: n/a
- Face detection available: Yes (up to 16 faces)
- P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M, B
- Date stamp: n/a
- Digital filters (capture): Extract Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Color
- Dynamic Range adjustment: Yes (highlight and shadow correction)
- Digital level: n/a
- File/Folder customization: Folder name (standard, date), embed copyright
- Mode selection: Single, Continuous (Hi, Lo), Self Timer (12s, 2s), Infrared Remote (0s, 3s), Auto Bracketing (3 frames, up to ± 3 EV in 1/2 steps)
- Continuous FPS: Approx 6 FPS (JPG, Continuous Hi), Approx 3 FPS (JPG, Continuous Lo)
- Multi-exposure: Yes (2-9 shots, auto exposure adjustment selectable)
- Interval: Yes (1s to 24h, up to 999 shots, delayed start available)
- HDR: Auto, HDR1, HDR2, HDR3, (exposure adjustable ± 1, 2, or 3 EV steps, JPG only)
- Mode selection: One Shot (no data, standard data, detailed data, histogram, color channel histogram), Multi Image Display (4, 9, 16, 36, 81 thumbnails), Magnification (up to 16X, scrollable, quick zoom), Movie Playback (no data, standard data, detailed data), Image Rotation, Bright/Dark Indication, Copyright Info, Calendar Filmstrip, Folder, Save RAW Data From JPG (if available in buffer memory), Select & Delete, Slideshow
- Mode pallet: Image Rotation, Digital Filter, Resize, Cropping, Index, Protect, Slideshow, Cross Processing, RAW Development, Movie Edit, DPOF Digital filters (playback): Monochrome, Extract Color, Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Shading, Invert Color, Color, Tone Expansion, Sketch Filter, Watercolor, Pastel, Posterization, Miniature, Soft, Starburst, Fisheye, Slim, Base Parameter Adj
- Movie edit: Movie Divide, Delete Frames, Save JPG
- Still: RAW (DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.3), DCF 2.0 compliant, DPOF, PIM III
- Movie (compression): MP4 (AVC h.264), AVI/MJPG for Interval Movie
- Functions available: 16
- *For direct device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary.
- Windows: Windows XP (SP3), Vista, 7, USB port
- Mac: 10.4, 10.5, 10.6, 10.7, USB port
-K-01 ILC Hybrid Camera w/DA L 18-55 & 50-200 Lenses
-Li-Ion Battery D-LI90
-USB Cable I-USB7
-Hotshoe Cover FK
-Software CD-ROM S-SW120
-Battery Charger Kit K-BC90
-Body Mount Cover