The BeachTek DXA-HDV is a two-channel, active XLR adapter with built-in preamplifiers for attaching external microphones and other audio gear to any HDV camcorder that has a built-in mic jack. It can also be used with any other audio recording device that has a mic jack.
The DXA-HDV uses exceptionally low noise, wide bandwidth preamplifiers for superb audio. This allows you to record high quality audio directly to the camcorder which will always be in sync with the video.
The DXA-HDV is very easy to set up and use. It allows you to connect a wide variety of audio devices including wireless systems, mixers, sound boards and professional condenser microphones that require 48 volt phantom power to operate.
The level controls allow you to adjust the output signals going to the camcorder while the signal indicators give you an easy way to ensure optimum recording levels.
The adapter mounts to the bottom of the camcorder and can also be mounted to any standard tripod.
- Maximum Input Levels
- MIC Level: +7 dBu
- LINE Level: +26 dBu
- Nominal MIC levels
- 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+/- 0.5 dB)
- Less than 0.01% @ 1kHz, -30 dBu input
- 88 dB @ 1 Khz, -30 dBu input
- LO gain: 0 dB
- HI gain: 15 dB
- Dual regulated 12 or 48 volt power supplies
- Current to 14 mA (direct short)
- Green: -48 dBu to -36 dBu
- Red: -35 dBu and over
- 3 hours typical with alkaline battery (no phantom)
- 8 hours typical with lithium battery (no phantom)
- 5.5" x 2.5" x 1.5" (L x W x H)
- (140 mm x 64 mm x 38 mm)
- 10 oz (0.28 kg)
- SC35 OUTPUT CABLE
- OPERATING MANUAL
- TWO YEAR WARRANTY